Review: Ausounds AU-Stream ANC True Wireless Earbuds
Published on May 2, 2023, 4:17 p.m.
The Ausounds AU-Stream are a pair of true wireless earbuds that feature active noise cancellation (ANC) technology. With a compact charging case and Bluetooth 5.0 connectivity, these earbuds aim to provide a convenient listening experience on the go. But how do they really perform? Let’s take a closer look in this review.
- Driver: 13mm AU Titanium composite driver
- Battery Life: Up to 5 hours (earbuds), 15 hours (with charging case)
- Noise Cancellation: Feed-forward ANC, up to -25dB reduction
- Connectivity: Bluetooth 5.0
- Charging: USB-C charging case
- Colors: Black
- Active noise cancellation up to -25dB
- 13mm titanium drivers for improved sound
- Bluetooth 5.0 connectivity
- Up to 20 hours total battery life (5 hrs earbuds, 15 hrs with charging case)
- USB-C charging case for fast charging
Ausounds is a relatively new player in the audio industry, but it has quickly gained recognition for its quality audio products at affordable prices. The company aims to bring high-end audio performance to the mass market by offering products that are accessible to everyone. The Ausounds AU-Stream ANC+ is an example of their commitment to delivering top-quality audio at a reasonable price.
The design of the AU-Stream ANC+ is sleek and modern, with a black color that gives it a classy look. The earpieces fit comfortably in the ear, and the controls on the earpiece are easy to use. The charging case is compact and lightweight, making it easy to carry around in your pocket or bag. The case also supports wireless charging, which is a significant upgrade from the previous model.
The AU-Stream earbuds feature 13mm titanium drivers that aim to deliver good audio reproduction and a frequency response of 20Hz-20KHz. However, reviews indicate the sound quality is just average, lacking bass and sounding a bit harsh at high volumes. The sound may not satisfy audiophiles but is decent for casual listening.
The feed-forward ANC can block out some ambient noise but isn’t as effective as higher-end earbuds. It works reasonably well indoors but struggles with wind noise outdoors. The noise cancellation also has to be manually turned on each time, unlike earbuds that remember your last setting.
Comfort and Fit
The AU-Stream earbuds are fairly large and some users report they don’t fit very securely, feeling like they could fall out easily. Trying different eartip sizes can help get a better fit. Comfort is satisfactory for most once properly seated in the ear.
Connectivity seems to be a major downside for many reviewers. The earbuds struggle with frequent dropped connections and other Bluetooth pairing issues. This can make listening frustrating with music cutting in and out.
Battery life is decent, with up to 5 hours playback on the earbuds themselves and an additional 15 hours from the charging case. This matches the advertised 20 hours total battery life. Quick charging is also available via the USB-C port.
The AU-Stream earbuds are suitable for everyday use like taking calls, listening to music and podcasts, working out, commuting, or travel. The noise cancellation makes them especially good for noisy environments like airplanes or public transport.
User Feedback Analysis:
- Noise cancellation quality gets mixed reviews, works okay indoors but struggles outdoors.
- Many users report frequent Bluetooth connection drops and pairing issues.
- Sound quality satisfies most casual listeners but audiophiles find it lacks bass and clarity.
- Comfort and fit are okay once you find the right eartip size.
- Battery life lasts as advertised.
- Customer service is responsive when replacement is needed.
- Affordable price point
- Decent noise cancellation for the price
- Long total battery life with charging case
- Quick charging support
- Connectivity is problematic
- Noise cancellation struggles outdoors
- Sound quality isn’t great
- Bulky size and fit issues
Priced around $120 normally but can be found for $60-80 on sale, the AU-Stream offer noise cancelling at a budget-friendly price but have some significant drawbacks like connectivity and sound quality. Still, they can be a reasonable option for casual listeners on a tight budget.
The Ausounds AU-Stream deliver active noise cancellation and wireless listening at an affordable price point. However, connectivity problems and mediocre sound quality make them hard to recommend over some competing options in the same price range. For shoppers seeking budget-friendly ANC earbuds, these may be worth considering when purchased on sale or promo. But better alternatives likely exist for those able to spend a little more.
- Driver: 13mm titanium composite dynamic driver
- Frequency response: 20Hz - 20KHz
- Noise cancellation depth: -25dB
- Battery life: 5 hours (earbuds), 15 hours (with case)
- Bluetooth version: 5.0
- Wireless range: Up to 30 feet
- Water resistance rating: IPX5 sweat and water resistant
- Charging case dimensions: LxWxH 2.8x1.7x1.1 inches
- Earbud dimensions: 0.9x0.7x0.9 inches each
What’s in the Box:
- AU-Stream wireless earbuds (2)
- Charging case
- USB-C charging cable
- Extra eartips (3 sizes)
- User manual
- Charge the earbuds and case fully before first use
- Pair to your phone or other Bluetooth device
- Insert earbuds and try different eartip sizes for best fit
- Use touch controls to play/pause music, answer calls, activate noise cancellation
- Place earbuds back in charging case when not in use to recharge