Volkano VK-1008 Race Series Wireless Earbuds : Affordable Bluetooth Earbuds for Active Lifestyles
Published on June 20, 2023, 9:23 p.m.
The Volkano VK-1008 Race Series Wireless Earbuds are a budget-friendly pair of Bluetooth earbuds designed for active lifestyles. Offering decent sound, good battery life, and an earhook design for security during workouts, these earbuds provide good value at an affordable price point.
- Bluetooth 5.0 connectivity
- IPX4 sweat and water resistant
- Over-ear hook design for security
- Up to 3 hours battery life
- Bass-heavy sound signature
Design and Comfort
The Volkano VK-1008 Race Series Wireless Earbuds feature a standard in-ear design with silicone ear tips and an over-ear memory wire hook for stability. The earbuds themselves are lightweight and fairly comfortable for in-ear models. The earhooks keep the buds securely in place during exercise. However, some users report the rigid earhooks can cause discomfort over time.
With Bluetooth 5.0, the Volkano VK-1008 Race Series Wireless Earbuds provide decent audio quality for the price. The sound profile emphasizes bass while mids and highs are recessed. This gives an overall v-shaped sound signature well-suited for workout music. Maximum volume is sufficiently loud. While audio fidelity is average, the immersive bass makes these suitable for pop, hip hop, EDM, and other bass-driven genres.
Features and Controls
On the left earbud is a single multi-function button for playback, call control, and power. Pairing to devices is quick and easy. Battery life is rated for 3 hours of continuous playback per charge, which is about average for this price range. A USB charging cable is included.
The Volkano VK-1008 Race Series Wireless Earbuds do not provide much in the way of noise isolation or noise cancelling properties.
They use an open-ear design with venting rather than sealed ear tips. This reduces passive noise isolation.
There is no active noise cancellation (ANC) technology built into these budget earbuds.
The mediocre fit also negatively impacts noise isolation. Some users report the tips don’t fully seal the ear canal, allowing ambient sound to leak in.
On the plus side, the pumping bass can help mask lower frequency noise like engine rumbles or humming fans. But midrange and high frequency noises easily permeate.
Overall, these are not ideal earbuds for noisy environments like airplane travel or crowded gyms if you want sound isolation. Opt for earbuds with ANC or closed-back designs if noise isolation is a priority.
The Volkano VK-1008 Race Series Wireless Earbuds feature an IPX4 water resistance rating, making them sweat and splash resistant. This allows worry-free use during intense workouts. However, some users complain of issues with long term durability, with the earbuds failing after just a few months in some cases. At under $15, build quality is decent but not outstanding.
- Working out at the gym
- Running and jogging
- Biking and cycling
- Yoga and exercise classes
- Casual listening
In-Depth User Feedback Analysis
The Volkano VK-1008 Race Series Wireless Earbuds have received mixed reviews from customers. Here is a detailed breakdown of the key feedback:
- Many users praise the bass-heavy sound profile. The pumping bass makes these earbuds well-suited for bass-driven music and energizing workout playlists.
- However, some find the bass overpowering and muddy. The midrange and high frequencies are recessed, lacking clarity and definition.
- The overall sound quality is decent but not audiophile-grade. For the low price point, most find it acceptable if not amazing.
Comfort & Fit
- The over-ear hook design provides a very secure fit, making these suitable for running and workouts without falling out.
- However, the rigid memory wire earhooks can cause discomfort with extended wear. Some users note soreness in their ears after 1-2 hours of use.
- The earbud tips sit shallowly in the ear canal for some users, failing to get a tight seal. This negatively impacts sound quality and security.
Durability & Longevity
- One of the biggest complaints is durability. Some units stop working entirely after a few months of light use.
- Issues like battery failure, charging problems, and Bluetooth connectivity dropping out get reported frequently.
- For the low price point, build quality is mediocre. These are not designed as high-end, long lasting earbuds.
Controls & Connectivity
- Operation is smooth and hassle-free for most people. The onboard buttons are responsive.
- Bluetooth pairing works seamlessly. Connectivity dropouts are rare as long as you are within the 33ft wireless range.
- Some complaints of occasional audio glitching/skipping do get reported. Bluetooth stability could be improved.
Value & Affordability
- These are very affordable at under $15. For buyers seeking cheap disposable earbuds, the price is major selling point.
- However, given the mediocre durability, having to replace them every 6-12 months negates the value for some.
In summary, if you need ultra cheap wireless earbuds and don’t expect audiophile sound or lasting durability, the Volkano VK-1008 Race Series Wireless Earbuds offer decent functionality for the very low price. More discerning buyers may want to spend extra for better build quality, audio fidelity and long term reliability.
- Very affordable price
- Punchy and bassy sound
- Secure fit for exercise
- Easy controls with onboard buttons
- Sweat resistant rating
- Mediocre build quality and durability
- Earhooks can be uncomfortable over time
- Audio fidelity is just average
Value & Cost Efficiency
Given the mediocre durability of these budget wireless earbuds, the value proposition depends greatly on your budget and needs:
For users who want ultra cheap disposable earbuds, these are cost efficient if replaced every 6-12 months.
However, those wanting longer 2-3 year lifespan may be better off spending 2x-3x more for more durable models.
Audiophiles will find the sound quality lacking, negating the value proposition.
For bass lovers on a strict budget, the pumping sound and low price make these a reasonable value.
If you’ll use them lightly and replace when they fail in under a year, the low $15 price brings decent value.
So in summary, these provide good value if you want an inexpensive pair of earbuds you plan to replace frequently. For long term use or premium sound, higher priced earbuds bring better overall value.
Overall, the Volkano VK-1008 Wireless Earbuds are a budget-friendly option for bass lovers seeking Bluetooth earbuds for the gym or active lifestyles. With decent sound, secure fit, and IPX4 water resistance, they provide good value at under $15. While long-term durability is questionable, they can serve as an affordable throwaway pair for workouts. For those seeking top notch build quality or audio fidelity, higher priced options are recommended, but for a cheap pair of gym earbuds, the Volkano VK-1008 Race Series Wireless Earbuds get the job done.
- Bluetooth version: 5.0
- Battery: Lithium polymer (up to 3 hours)
- Charging time: 2.5 hours
- Wireless range: up to 33 feet
- Water resistance: IPX4
- Weight: 0.705 ounces
- Drivers: unknown
- Frequency response: unknown
- Impedance: unknown
- Sensitivity: unknown
- Distortion: unknown
- Active noise cancellation: No
- Onboard controls: Single multifunction button
- Included accessories: Charging cable, eartips
In the Box:
- VK-1008 Wireless Earbuds
- 3 Sets of Eartips
- Micro USB charging cable
- Instruction manual
How to Use:
- Charge the earbuds fully before first use
- Activate Bluetooth on your device
- Open the earbuds charging case lid to enter pairing mode
- Select ‘Volkano VK-1008’ on your device’s Bluetooth list to connect
- Use onboard buttons to control music playback and calls
- Charge the earbuds in the charging case as needed