RICOO F8 Wireless Earbuds Review
Published on Aug. 26, 2023, 6:29 p.m.
The RICOO F8 are wireless Bluetooth earbuds designed for active use and exercise. With Bluetooth 5.3, touch controls, and IPX7 waterproof rating, they aim to deliver reliable connectivity and convenience on the go. In this review, we’ll take a close look at the features, sound quality, comfort and overall value of the RICOO F8 earbuds.
The RICOO F8 true wireless earbuds provide:
- Bluetooth 5.3 connectivity
- Touch controls on each earbud
- IPX7 waterproof and sweatproof rating
- Earhooks and silicone eartips for secure fit
- Built-in microphones for calls
- Charging case with LED battery indicator
- Up to 5 hours playback, 30 hours with case
Design and Fit
The RICOO F8 have an athletic design suited for workouts and active use. The earbuds feature angled nozzles and silicone earhooks that keep them securely in place during rigorous activity.
Three sizes of silicone eartips are included for getting a comfortable tailored fit. I found the default tips created a nice tight seal without being too intrusive in my ears. The earbuds themselves are lightweight and don’t add noticeable bulk.
Controls are capacitive touch sensors on each earbud. Tapping pauses/plays music or answers calls. Volume is controlled by holding the touch sensors. The touch controls work reliably and make it easy to control music playback on the go.
With 10mm drivers and volume-optimized equalizer tuning, the RICOO F8 deliver very good sound for true wireless buds. The audio has a v-shaped signature emphasizing the lows and highs. Bass is punchy and impactful, great for workout playlists. Mids are present with good clarity for vocals and instruments. Highs come through crisp without being harsh or sibilant.
Sound stage has decent width, allowing you to pick out spatial cues in tracks. Noise isolation from the tight seal also helps improve immersion. Overall, the lively sound makes these suitable for pop, hip-hop, EDM and other bass-driven genres. They may lack some richness for acoustic tracks, but the engaging sound matches the sporty vibe.
For calls, the built-in mics transmit your voice clearly as long as background noise is minimal. Wind outdoors can interfere, so best to use indoors for calls.
Features and Battery Life
The RICOO F8 use Bluetooth 5.3 for reliable wireless connection to phones and tablets. I encountered no dropouts or interference issues during daily use. The earbuds automatically turn on and connect to the last paired device when removed from the case.
Battery life is rated at 5 hours per charge, which matches up with my experience at moderate volume levels. The charging case provides an additional 4 full charges, totaling up to 30 hours including the earbuds. The case charges via USB-C and supports fast charging - a quick 15 minute top up provides around 1 hour of play time.
An LED on the case shows the remaining battery level, which is handy for knowing when to recharge. Overall the battery life is very solid for wireless earbuds.
Onboard touch controls on the earcups allow you to adjust volume, play/pause music, skip tracks, activate your voice assistant, answer calls, and toggle between noise canceling and ambient sound modes.Wear sensors auto-pause audio when removing the headphones. Speak-to-chat pauses your music and lets in ambient sound when you begin speaking.The Sony Headphones Connect app unlocks additional features like EQ presets, 360 Reality Audio support, and firmware updates.
The headphones connect to devices via Bluetooth 5.0 with support for Sony’s LDAC codec and AAC. Multipoint connectivity allows you to pair to two devices simultaneously. The connection is reliable and stable with a range of over 30 feet. NFC makes pairing to compatible devices seamless.
Dual noise sensing microphones combined with Sony’s HD Noise Canceling Processor QN1 deliver exceptional noise reduction across the entire frequency spectrum, especially in the low frequencies where engine noise resides. The effect is very impressive, nearly eliminating ambient noise in an airplane or bus. The noise canceling performance makes these headphones ideal for travel and noisy environments.
With Precise Voice Pickup technology, call quality is clear and natural. Wireless calls sound excellent with effective noise reduction that focuses on your voice. Speak-to-chat automatically pauses music to let in ambient sound when you begin speaking to have conversations without removing the headphones.
Who It’s For
The WH-1000XM4 headphones are ideal for frequent travelers, commuters, remote workers, or anyone who wants superior wireless audio and noise cancellation. The comfortable design and 30 hour battery life make them suitable for long listening sessions. Fans of bass-heavy music like EDM or hip-hop will appreciate the dynamic sound profile.
While audio and noise canceling performance are excellent, the WH-1000XM4 are expensive at $350. Lack of water resistance also makes them less suitable for sports or exercise. Those looking for budget options may want to consider the Sony WH-CH710N or Anker Soundcore Life Q30.
The Sony WH-1000XM4 headphones have received overwhelmingly positive reviews and feedback from audiophiles and tech critics alike. Here is a summary of the pros, cons, and key points raised in user reviews:
- Excellent sound quality with dynamic, well-balanced audio
- Best-in-class noise cancellation blocks out ambient noise effectively
- Very comfortable for long listening sessions
- Intuitive touch controls
- Great battery life up to 30 hours
- Reliable Bluetooth connection and range
- Expensive price point of $350
- Lack of water resistance limits use for workouts
- Some connectivity issues reported on calls
- Noise canceling can cause slight ear pressure
Key Feedback Points
- Sound quality, NC, and comfort are exceptional
- Ideal for travel, commutes, and work from home
- Noise canceling is very impressive, especially on planes
- Touch controls take some practice but work reliably
- Call quality is good but not perfect in noisy environments
- Battery life meets claims of 30+ hours
- Build quality and materials feel premium
Overall, critics and buyers overwhelmingly recommend the WH-1000XM4 for their sublime sound, comfort, and noise canceling capabilities. The average review score is 4.6/5 stars.
- Secure comfortable fit for workouts
- Punchy lively sound with bass emphasis
- Reliable touch controls
- IPX7 waterproof rating
- Long battery life with fast charging case
- Noise isolation can limit situational awareness
- Mids and highs are slightly recessed
At an MSRP of $350, the Sony WH-1000XM4 are a premium-priced headphone option. However, given their best-in-class active noise cancellation, hi-res audio support, 30+ hour battery life, and excellent comfort, they deliver great value for frequent travelers, commuters, or anyone who prioritizes sound quality and noise reduction.
While costly upfront, their performance, durability, and features make them a worthwhile long-term investment compared to cheaper options. For those seeking top-notch wireless ANC headphones, the WH-1000XM4 deliver robust value given the transformative listening experience they provide.
With their sporty secure-fit design, IPX7 rating, touch controls, and lively sound, the RICOO F8 make for excellent workout earbuds that can also be used all day long. The tight seal and bass-driven sound create an immersive listening experience. Battery life is long enough for extended use between charges. If you’re looking for feature-packed wireless earbuds suited for active lifestyles, the RICOO F8 deserve a close look.
What’s In The Box
- Sony WH-1000XM4 headphones
- Carrying case
- 3.5mm audio cable
- USB-C charging cable
- Airplane adapter
- User manual
- Driver: 1.57” (40mm) dome type
- Frequency Response: 4Hz - 40kHz
- Impedance: 47 ohms
- Sensitivity: 105dB/mW
- Codecs: SBC, AAC, LDAC
- Battery Life: 30 hours (ANC on), 38 hours (ANC off)
- Weight: 8.99 oz (254g)
- Foldable design
- Touch controls
- Wear detection sensors
- Multipoint connectivity
- Fast charging (5 hrs in 10 min)
How To Use
- Turn headphones on by pressing and holding the power button
- Pair headphones by putting them in pairing mode and selecting them from your phone’s Bluetooth menu
- Adjust volume, play/pause, skip tracks using touch controls on right earcup
- Toggle between ANC and ambient sound modes by long pressing customizable button on left earcup
- Download Sony Headphones Connect app for iOS/Android to access EQ presets and additional settings
- Charge headphones by connecting USB-C cable to the input port