Review: GUGTTR Bone Conduction Headphones
Published on July 31, 2023, 8:55 a.m.
With open-ear bone conduction technology, GUGTTR’s wireless headphones allow you to listen to music and make calls while still being able to hear ambient noises around you. Do they live up to the claims and provide a great audio experience? Read on to find out.
The GUGTTR Bone Conduction Headphones feature an open-ear design that transmits sound through your cheekbones, leaving your ear canals open. This provides high-quality audio while allowing you to remain aware of your surroundings. Key features include Bluetooth 5.3, 7 hours battery life, IP55 waterproof rating, and titanium memory metal frame.
- Open-ear bone conduction technology allows ambient sound in
- Bluetooth 5.3 provides fast, stable connectivity
- 7 hours battery life per charge
- IP55 rating makes headphones sweatproof and splashproof
- Titanium memory metal frame is durable and flexible
- Weigh just 25g for comfortable all-day wear
Design and Comfort
Weighing just 25g, the GUGTTR headphones are lightweight and comfortable enough for all-day wear. The bendable titanium frame can flex and stretch to fit different head shapes without deforming. The open design prevents ear pain and irritation.
With the latest Bluetooth technology, audio transmission is fast and stable. Sound quality is crisp, clear, and well-balanced. Volume gets sufficiently loud for outdoor use. The open design does allow some outside noise to seep in, but audio remains immersive. Call quality is excellent.
Connectivity and Controls
Pairing is quick and easy with Bluetooth 5.3. Connection remains stable up to 33ft away from your device. Physical buttons allow control of music, calls, volume, and voice assistance. Multipoint technology lets you connect two devices simultaneously.
A full charge provides up to 7 hours of continuous playback, an improvement over previous models. The fast charging Type-C port provides 1 hour of use from just 10 minutes of charging. Standby time reaches an impressive 100 hours.
The IP55 rating makes these headphones sweatproof, rainproof, and splashproof. The titanium frame is durable enough for running, hiking, cycling, and other activities. Just wipe clean after workouts to keep them looking new.
The open design won’t block noise as well as closed-back headphones. Controls take some practice to master. Price is on the higher end.
These headphones are ideal for activities like running, hiking, cycling, and workouts where you want to listen to music but also hear traffic and surroundings for safety. They work well in the office to hear colleagues while enjoying music. The open design makes them suitable for outdoor adventures or city use.
- Many users praise the comfortable fit and long battery life.
- Sound quality gets positive reviews, although some find louder environments make the open design less effective.
- Connectivity is considered very stable. The IP55 rating holds up well for sweaty workouts.
- Some users say the controls take practice to master. A few note occasional pairing issues.
- At $49.99, most feel these headphones provide very good value.
- Excellent sound quality
- Open-ear design allows situational awareness
- Lightweight and comfortable fit
- Sweatproof and splashproof rating
- Quick charging time
- Open design leaks in some ambient noise
- Physical buttons take some practice
- On the pricier end for bone conduction headphones
GUGTTR’s bone conduction headphones deliver immersive, high-fidelity audio in a lightweight and comfortable open-ear design. Advanced Bluetooth technology provides seamless connectivity. With 7 hours of battery life and an IP55 rating, these are a compelling option for active use indoors and outdoors.
- Transducer Principle: Bone Conduction
- Bluetooth Version: 5.3
- Battery Life: 7 hours (music), 5.5 hours (calls)
- Standby Time: 100 hours
- Charging Time: 1.5 hours
- Waterproof Rating: IP55
- Weight: 25g
- Wireless Range: 10 meters (33 ft)
What’s In the Box:
- GUGTTR Bone Conduction Headphones
- USB Type-C Charging Cable
- 2 Pairs of Earplugs
- User Manual
- Adjustable Headband
How to Use:
- Charge the headphones fully before first use.
- Turn on the headphones and enable Bluetooth on your device.
- Select “GUGTTR” in your Bluetooth settings to pair.
- Position the headphones so the transducers rest in front of your ear canal.
- Use the buttons to control music, volume, calls, and voice assist.
- Twist and bend the frame to adjust the fit.