NANAMI A8 Bluetooth Headset Review - A Decent Budget Wireless Earpiece
Published on May 9, 2023, 7:24 p.m.
The NANAMI A8 Bluetooth Headset is an affordable wireless earpiece offering decent quality and performance for the price. With Bluetooth 5.0 connectivity, rotatable microphone, and long battery life, it aims to deliver good hands-free calling and music listening on a budget. Let’s take a closer look at how it performs in real life.
The NANAMI A8 has a behind-the-ear design with an earbud that fits into the ear canal. The main module rests behind the ear with an adjustable ear hook to keep it in place. A short cable connects this module to the earbud.
Key features include:
- Bluetooth 5.0 wireless connectivity
- Rotatable boom microphone
- Up to 12 hours talk time or 11.5 hours music playtime
- Charging case provides 4 full charges
- Noise cancelling microphone
- Multi-point connection to 2 devices
- 3 sets of ear tips for adjustible fit
Design and Comfort
The headset has a plastic construction that feels a bit bulky but keeps it lightweight at just 0.58oz. The ear hook is sprayed with TPU and PC to help it grip the ear better.
I found the earbud comfortable for short term wear, but the ear hook design pushes the entire unit forward, causing soreness after extended use. The ear tips provide decent noise isolation but the loose fit means you lose some bass response and ambient noise still filters in.
The rotatable boom mic is handy for positioning on either the left or right ear. Callers reported my voice sounded clear but slightly hollow.
Connectivity and Controls
Pairing the A8 to my iPhone was quick and painless. Bluetooth range is about 33ft before audio starts cutting out. I didn’t experience any dropouts within typical distances.
The single multi-function button handles power, pairing, call answer/end, redial, and activating voice assistants. It provides basic controls but works well for everyday use.
Audio quality is decent for Bluetooth earbuds at this price. Music sounds balanced with clear mids and highs but lacks thumping bass or soundstage due to the loose fit. Maximum volume could be louder but gets adequately loud for indoor/outdoor use.
Call quality is satisfactory. My voice sounded clear to callers with minimal background noise. The microphone captures vocals nicely but gives them a slightly hollow quality.
Battery life is a highlight, delivering 7-8 hours of continuous use per charge. The charging case provides 4 additional full charges for exceptional standby time. Quick charging gives about 1 hour use from a 15 minute charge.
- Handsfree calling while driving
- Taking calls while working
- Conference calls
- Video chats and virtual meetings
- Voice assistants like Siri
User Feedback Analysis
Reviews for the NANAMI A8 headset are generally positive, earning it 3.9 out of 5 stars across over 1,280 customer ratings on Amazon.
The most prevalent praise focuses on the exceptionally long battery life. Users consistently report getting several days of heavy use between charges, with some getting over a week of standby time. This runtime outpaces similar headsets and provides incredible value.
Many customers also compliment the clear and natural call quality. The noise cancelling microphone effectively picks up the voice while minimizing background ambient noise. Callers say the voice sounds clean without distortion. The volume is loud enough for noisy environments.
Regarding negatives, a common complaint centers on comfort and fit. The bulky modules pushing the ear forward can cause soreness and irritation during prolonged use of over 1 hour. Those with smaller ears seem to struggle with getting a secure fit. Some report the earbuds falling out occasionally.
Several users critique the mediocre music performance, describing the sound as flat, tinny, and lacking bass impact. This is likely due to the loose fit of the earbuds. The hollow vocals on calls also point to subpar music playback quality.
- Affordable price
- Long battery life
- Good call quality
- Uncomfortable for long-term wear
- Mediocre music playback
- Bulky behind-the-ear design
At under $25, the NANAMI A8 punches well above its weight class and provides tremendous value compared to rival Bluetooth headsets.
The 12 hours of talk time trounces competitors, with many in this price range maxing out at 8 hours. Extended runtime saves on charging and reduces headaches.
Bluetooth 5.0 ensures stable connectivity and call clarity. The noise cancelling microphone is surprisingly decent for the low cost.
Considering the reliable wireless performance, long battery life, good call quality, and budget price, this headset delivers outstanding bang for your buck. The flaws like fit and music quality are forgivable given the low price tag.
For handsfree calling on a tight budget, the NANAMI A8 gives you premium features without the premium cost. The value proposition is tough to beat.
Overall, the NANAMI A8 Bluetooth Headset delivers good wireless call and music performance considering its budget price point. Audio quality and battery life are impressive while comfort could be better for long-term wear. If you want an affordable wireless earpiece focused on calls, it’s a solid choice.
- Bluetooth Version: Bluetooth 5.0
- Transmission Range: Up to 33 feet (10 meters)
- Supported Bluetooth Profiles: HFP, HSP, A2DP, AVRCP
- Battery: 55mAh lithium polymer battery
- Music Playback Time: Up to 11.5 hours
- Talk Time: Up to 12 hours
- Standby Time: Up to 320 hours (with charging case)
- Charging Time: 1.5 hours for full charge
- Charging Port: USB-C
- Charging Case Capacity: 360mAh, provides 4 full charges
- Drivers: 6mm dynamic driver
- Frequency Response: 20Hz - 20KHz
- Impedance: 32 ohms
- Sensitivity: 95dB +/-3dB
- Microphone: CVC 8.0 noise cancelling
- Water Resistance: IPX4 sweat and water resistant
- Weight: 0.58 oz (earbud), 0.96 oz (charging case)
- Dimensions: 0.9 x 0.7 x 0.6 inches (earbud)
- Materials: ABS plastic housing, silicone ear tips, TPU/PC ear hook
- Single Multi-Function Button: Power on/off, Play/Pause, Call answer/end, Voice assistant activation
What’s In the Box:
- NANAMI A8 Headset
- Charging Case
- 3 Sets of Ear Tips
- USB Charging Cable
- User Manual
Setup and Use:
- Charge the headset fully before first use.
- Turn on the headset and enter pairing mode.
- On your phone, go to Bluetooth settings to pair to “NANAMI A8”.
- Fit the earbuds with suitable ear tips.
- Position the ear hook over your ear and insert the earbud.
- Use the multi-function button to operate controls.
- Dock in charging case when not in use.