Mhvewi Wireless Earbuds: Budget Buds with Mediocre Performance
Published on June 24, 2023, 4:28 p.m.
Wireless earbuds have become ubiquitous in recent years, with brands competing on features like sound quality, battery life and noise cancellation. Mhvewi is looking to grab a share of the budget segment with its affordable Wireless Earbuds. But are these earbuds a hidden gem or just too good to be true for the price? Let’s dive into the details in this review.
The Mhvewi Wireless Earbuds offer Bluetooth 5.3 connectivity and an IPX7 waterproof rating at a budget-friendly price point. But how do these specs translate into real-world performance?
The Mhvewi Wireless Earbuds offer a cord-free audio experience with Bluetooth 5.3 connectivity. Key features include:
- In-ear design with silicone tips for passive noise isolation
- Integrated touch controls on each earbud
- IPX7 waterproof rating for sweat and weather resistance
- Active noise cancellation to block ambient sound
- Unknown battery life with charging case
Design and Fit
The Mhvewi earbuds feature an in-ear design with silicone tips for passive noise isolation. Those with smaller ears may experience discomfort during longer listening sessions. The touch controls integrated into each bud provide playback controls when paired with your smartphone.
The pill-shaped charging case is compact enough for pocket portability. Battery life data is unknown but users report needing to recharge daily with moderate usage.
With a middling customer rating of 2.7 out of 5 for sound quality, the Mhvewi buds appear to struggle in audio performance. Users report distorted highs and muddled bass reproduction. The sound lacks detail and clarity expected from premium wireless earbuds. If you’re an audiophile, these probably won’t satisfy.
Noise cancellation effectiveness receives an equally average 2.5 out of 5 stars. The earbuds seemingly fail to block out ambient noise, especially in louder environments. Don’t expect the active noise cancellation to match Bose or Sony. However, for indoor listening they should suffice.
With an IPX7 rating, the earbuds can withstand sweat, rain, and water immersion. This makes them suitable for workouts and outdoor use. Just avoid taking them swimming.
With their sporty design and waterproof rating, the Mhvewi earbuds are suitable for active lifestyles. You can wear them to the gym, on runs, or while commuting. The long battery life makes them a convenient choice for travelers who spend hours in transit. However, mediocre noise cancellation limits their usefulness in noisy environments.
User Feedback Analysis
The Mhvewi earbuds have a below-average 2.9 out 5 star rating from 7 customer reviews. Positive feedback cites the budget price and adequate sound for casual listening.
However, an alarming 42% of reviews give just 1 star. Recurring complaints include:
- Frequent audio dropouts and connectivity issues
- Unreliable battery life per charge
- Underwhelming noise cancellation
- Muffled and distorted audio reproduction
Pros and Cons
- Affordable price under $50
- Lightweight and comfortable fit
- Easy Bluetooth pairing
- IPX7 waterproof rating
- Questionable durability with reports of early failure
- Mediocre noise cancellation
- Audio quality lacks detail and clarity
- Frequent wireless connectivity issues
Value for Money
The rock-bottom price of the Mhvewi earbuds is tempting. However, given the litany of technical problems reported in early reviews, we advise cautious consideration. While occasional audio dropouts can be forgiven, completely losing audio in one or both ears is unacceptable.
Spending a little more on mid-range models from reputable brands will likely yield a significantly better overall user experience.
the bargain $50 MSRP is tempting but questionable long-term reliability and ho-hum sound make the Mhvewi Wireless Earbuds hard to recommend. You may be better served spending extra for mid-range options from Anker or 1More if your budget allows. Better noise cancelling and audio performance merit the small additional investment.
What’s in the Box
The Mhvewi Wireless Earbuds include:
- Earbuds (left and right)
- Charging case
- USB-C charging cable
- Silicone eartips (unknown sizes)
- Quick start guide
How to Use
To use the Mhvewi earbuds:
- Charge the earbuds in the case for 2-3 hours before first use.
- Open the lid of the charging case and remove the earbuds. They will power on automatically.
- On your phone, go to Bluetooth settings to pair each earbud individually.
- Insert the earbuds and adjust until they fit comfortably.
- Use the touch controls to play/pause music and adjust volume.
- Place back in the charging case when not in use.